I’ve heard a few murmurings, and its been discussed on the facebook page, but are there any Harleys out there in little old Tumblr land interested in meeting up for the annual Harleypalooza? :D
When: Saturday, 1-2 pm (still being discussed! If another time works for you, speak up!)
Where: Outside on the large staircase! That way if any Harley or Joker doesn’t have a pass for Saturday, they can still participate.
For anyone who went last year, its the same location.
Brings your Puddins, Red, Kitties and heck, even any B-mans or Bird Boys you find layin around.
ALL VERSIONS OF HARLEY QUINN ARE WELCOME!
You will not be mocked, talked about, shunned or glared at for wearing any Harley Quinn outfit that is not ‘canon’ or well liked. Yes, this means you, potential Suicide Squad cosplayers. You are welcome to join!
Any questions, send them my way or check out the facebook page and ask the lovely ladies there!
Hope to see you all decked out in your red and black and ready for mischief!
So after sewing points for Nightwing last year, I figured I had Kid Flash pretty set. Cut, hand tack, hand stitch, baste, stitch, serge. Long process but it worked out pretty well:
I made a muslin out of old fabric left over from other superhero costumes and just drew on where I wanted the spikes to go. The hardest part was actually picking which of KF’s Young Justice costumes to go with… I preferred these spikes but I really also liked the shoulder panels on the newer one. In the end I decided to go with the first version because it would be more simple.
The logo was pretty easy. I drew it on A’s muslin body suit and made a pattern from there. the back has double-sided fusing on it, so basically just had to iron it to the front where I wanted it to go.
I actually anticipated A having an issue with wearing a jumpsuit (like what if he had to go to the bathroom?) but he tried to convince me to let him wear the muslin to school so I clearly have found a new avenue for introducing clothing around A’s sensory issues.
So after ironing it on I realised it did this:
MELTED the centre of the front panel….. I did NOT want to take apart the spikes at A’s hipbone, because they would take forever to redo.
I ended up adding another panel across the chest, curved around A’s ribcage, to offset the error without redoing everything. It kind of makes me angry but no one else seems bothered by it.
A’s goggles and ear spikes were spraypainted:
In the back you can see I tested like 8 different kinds of things for the ear pieces, everything from a hollow bouncy ball cut in half to the plastic balls that quarter toys come in, which is what I ended up going with. His lightening ears are just wire and foamcore.
The goggles are Willy Wonka’s TV specs, which were an amazing find because the lenses are already red! Too bad they’re too big for A… I’ll post pics of that soon. I should have boiled the plastic first and bent it a little so A could wear it with elastic. I might try that before the photoshoot.
But they look rad:
the boots. OHHHH the boots. I dont even want to show you the photos.
I bought these white go-go boots for A to wear and they were fine on him. I figured, oh hey I’ll just spray paint them it’ll be GRAND.
I tested a few different paints. The issue was that the top panel of the boots stretched and made everything chip.
I tried to correct this with actual liquid latex and then powder on top, to offset latex’s need to stick to itself, but it just made the boots really dark. The boots he’s wearing in the photos were literally made in twenty minutes before the boys arrived to my apt to get dressed………talk about a rush job!